- Which of the following ASTM Test is required for all loose-fill cellulose insulation?
b. ASTM C-739
The standard for loose-fill is ASTM C-739, which provides test for R-Value, odor, moisture vapor absorption, and fungi resistance, as well as critical radian flux, smoldering, combustion, corrosiveness, and settled density.
2. When building a blocking device around heat-producing fixtures, the clearance around these fixtures must be a minimum of:
b. 3 inches
Blocking should be permanently placed so as to keep insulation a minimum of three inches away from all sides of recessed lighting fixtures and other heat- producing devises.
3. Which of the following products is not an approved material for blocking the soffit/top plate area of the roof and wall system?
c. Plastic (any type)
The following materials are approved materials for blocking soffit/top plate area of the roof and wall system: 1) windblock product or moisture resistant cardboard installed to the outside edge of the top plate, 2) batt insulation with the paper facing the outside soffit, 3) anchored foam board.
4. Heat is moved by what method?
d. All the above
Buildings respond to three types of heat transfer-conduction, convection and radiation. Conduction occurs by direct contact. Convection is heat transfer that occurs when a substance is in a gaseous state. Radiation is the type of heat transfer that you cannot see but can feel.
5. The installer must provide a signed and dated statement describing the insulation installed and stating:
e. All the above
The FTC Rule 16 CFR 460 required the insulation contractor to provide a signed and dated statement describing the insulation installed, stating the thickness, coverage area, R-Value and number of bags used.