The FTI – 2H FIREWALL is a load-bearing wall design, meeting the criteria for a 2-hour firewall. This firewall system provides cost savings over conventional firewall designs. The added fire protection provided by filling the cavity with Fiberlite’s FTI – 2H FIREWALL Insulation reduces the number of layers of sheetrock required, resulting in less labor and jobsite waste. In addition, this design provides tremendous thermal performance and sound control.
- Wood Studs – double row of nominal 2x4 inch studs, spaced 16 inches OC and cross braced at mid-height. Opposite rows spaced 1 inch apart, staggered 8 inches OC and joined at the top and bottom with bearing plates
- Wallboard, Gypsum – one layer of 4 foot-wide, 5/8 inch thick Type C gypsum wallboard, applied vertically and screwed to studs and bearing plates 7 inches OC with 1-7/8 inch long cup head drywall screws. Wallboard joints centered over studs.
- Sprayed Cellulose Material – the fiber applied with water to completely fill the enclosed 8 inch cavity in accordance with the application instructions supplied with the product. The minimum dry density is 4.20 lbs/ft3.
- Bearing Plates –nominal 2x4 inch. Two layers on top and one layer on bottom of each row of studs.
- Joints and Screw heads – wallboard joints taped and both joints and screw heads covered with joint compounds.
Have burning question about cellulose insulation and fire ratings? →Click Here to contact us.